Last updated: 17 September 2017
The terms you, your, and yours refer to the user/customer utilising the WHEREFIT Platform.
The WHEREFIT Platform is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the WHEREFIT Platform represents to WHEREFIT that they are 18 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 18 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection of information
When you visit the WHEREFIT Platform we also collect non-personal information, which is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as usage information (such as the browser you are using, the URL that referred you to the WHEREFIT Platform and the areas of the WHEREFIT Platform you visit).
WHEREFIT collects, holds and uses Personal Information for several primary purposes:
- to provide you with the WHEREFIT Platform, service information, and news;
- to support the WHEREFIT Platform and services offered on or through the WHEREFIT Platform;
- to contact you for feedback about our services;
- to conduct research about WHEREFIT’s customer base or services;
- to fulfill your reservation and purchase requests;
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection;
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy;
- to contact you for certain marketing and promotional purposes (for further information, including limitations applying to marketing and promotional contact, refer to the specific terms below under the heading “Information Sharing and Disclosure”); and
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts.
We may use information which is not Personal Information to analyse and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the WHEREFIT Platform and our services.
Information sharing and disclosure
- to any applicable venue, studio, instructor or other service provider for each Product that you purchase on the WHEREFIT Platform, so that it can provide service and contact you regarding the Product you purchased. Any other contact or communication between you and any venue, studio, instructor or other service provider will be subject to any terms you have agreed and/or other relevant consent. Further, we are not responsible for the content of any communications you may receive from any venue, studio, instructor or other service provider.
- if sharing the Personal Information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the WHEREFIT Platform and any feature of the WHEREFIT Platform or a service that you have requested.
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about from us or some of our business partners (but only where we have effective consent under applicable law).
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, to prevent misuse of the WHEREFIT Platform (for example, any attempt to engage in anti-social behaviour), or to protect personal safety, the public, or the WHEREFIT Platform itself.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if WHEREFIT should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the Personal Information.
WHEREFIT may also share information which is not Personal Information with third parties (e.g. aggregate or demographic data).
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information by editing your profile on the WHEREFIT Platform or emailing us at [email protected] You have a right to access a copy of the Personal Information held about you by emailing us at [email protected] In providing any requested Personal Information, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable cost to meet our costs in providing you with this information.
We are committed to doing all things we reasonably can to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, interference, disclosure, modification, unauthorized access, and destruction. WHEREFIT takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information. We protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
Where we store your personal information
Third party WHEREFIT Platforms
The WHEREFIT Platform may contain links to other webpages. WHEREFIT is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other webpages. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the WHEREFIT Platform to read the privacy statements of webpages that collect Personal Information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve retargeting advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on the WHEREFIT Platform and other WHEREFIT Platforms, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can choose to opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and/or Hotjar by visiting https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
You can change your cookie settings to accept or not accept cookies in your browser settings.
Use of Intercom Services
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services. In particular, we provide a limited amount of your information (such as your email address and sign-up date) to Intercom, Inc. (Intercom) and utilize Intercom to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our product. Intercom analyzes your use of our website and/or product and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use Intercom as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within our product(s). As part of our service agreements, Intercom collects publicly available contact and social information related to you, such as your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses, to enhance your user experience.
If you would like to opt out of having this information collected by or submitted to Intercom, please contact us.
Social media features and widgets
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled your Personal Information, including any request for access or correction of your Personal Information, you can make a complaint to us via the below contact details.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this determination and/or any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may raise this with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).